Sandwich International - Our Markets
The UK Sandwich Market
- The UK is generally considered to lead the world in sandwich consumption and commercial production.
- In total UK consumers make around 8.91 billion sandwiches in the home every year.
- Of these, some 2.67 billion are carried out of the home to eat at work, school and in similar locations
- In addition, a further 2 billion ready-made sandwiches are purchased from retail and foodservice outlets across the UK and this sector alone is estimated to be worth over £5.25 billion ($10.5 billion).
- This means that some 10.96 billion sandwiches are consumed in the UK every year – or 200 per annum for each member of the population.
- Furthermore, the UK commercial market is continuing to grow at around 5% per annum
Markets: UK Sandwich Market - Market Drivers - Worldwide Opportunities